We strive to help all our sellers be successful on new simba shop, so we’ve put a range of protections in place so you can sell with confidence.
From fair performance evaluations to final value fee credits for unpaid items, we want our sellers to know they’re participating in a marketplace they can trust. Please read our full policy below to see the full details of how we aim to protect you when you’re selling on new simba shop.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make sure I get paid?
When a buyer wins an auction or buys an item, they’re obligated to complete the sale by paying you. The vast majority of buyers pay quickly, but if a buyer doesn’t pay within 2 days, you can open an unpaid item case. If an unpaid item case closes without payment from the buyer, you’ll receive a final value fee credit for your listing.
How am I protected in new simba shop Money Back Guarantee cases?
If new simba shop is asked to step in and help after a buyer has opened an new simba shop Money Back Guarantee case, there are many things that we’ll take a look at before making a decision. You’ll also be protected from losing a case if certain criteria are met. For example, if you can show us documentation that you sent the item when you said you did, or that you accurately described the item, you may be protected under the new simba shop Money Back Guarantee.
Seller protection policy overview
How you’re protected
new simba shop protects you from many events outside your control and is here for you when things don’t go as planned.
This policy outlines the protections new simba shop gives you if:
- An item arrives late that you shipped on time
- There are carrier disruptions, bugs, or severe weather
- A returned item has been opened, used, or damaged
- A buyer retracts their bid or doesn’t pay
- A buyer changes their order or requests something extra
- A buyer has an unusual rate of complaints or returns
- Your Seller Performance Standards are impacted
- You ship within your handling time to an international buyer
- You have new simba shop Money Back Guarantee requests
- Follow our best practices to help avoid transaction problems
- Transactions made through PayPal may be covered by PayPal Seller Protection
An item arrives late that you shipped on time
We automatically adjust your late shipment rate, and remove feedback when:
- The shipment receives a carrier scan within your handling time, even if it arrives late
- The shipment receives a delivery scan by the estimated delivery, even if you shipped it late
- If the shipment doesn’t receive any carrier scan and there’s no tracking info available, but the buyer doesn’t indicate the shipment was late it will not count as a late shipment
There are carrier disruptions, bugs, or severe weather
We automatically adjust your late shipment rate, remove canceled transaction defects and remove feedback when:
- The shipment receives a carrier scan within your handling time, even if it arrives late due to carrier disruption, new simba shop site bugs, natural disaster or severe weather
- If the shipment receives a delivery scan within the estimated delivery date range, even if you shipped it late
- new simba shop or PayPal instructs you to hold a shipment or cancels the transaction
- Events listed on the announcement board are covered by this protection
A returned item has been opened, used, or damaged
When you offer free returns and accept the return:
- You will have access to use the partial refund tool for items that come back used, damaged, or missing parts
- Starting June 1, 2018, if the buyer leaves negative or neutral feedback for any reason or escalates an new simba shop Money Back Guarantee claim, we will automatically remove the feedback and protect you from impacts to your standards
- If the buyer escalates, new simba shop will resolve the issue directly with the buyer, and you don’t need to worry
A buyer retracts their bid or doesn’t pay
- If you cancel a transaction when a buyer retracts their bid, we will remove canceled transaction defects and remove feedback
- If the buyer doesn’t pay and you file and close an unpaid item request, we will remove feedback and cancelled transaction defects and you will be refunded the final value fee
- To prevent unpaid items, you can require immediate payment from buyers
A buyer changes their order or requests something extra
You never have to agree to any changes to the terms in your listing or to add additional items. If the buyer demands a change to what you originally offered or something extra, you can either cancel the order or ship under the original terms knowing we will remove feedback and defects when we can see the buyer’s demands or request for changes in new simba shop messages.
A buyer has an unusual rate of complaints or returns
- We have developed ways to detect if a buyer is abusing the returns process and have the ability to prevent them from starting a return
- We employ several measures to identify when a buyer leaves a lot of negative or neutral feedback or opens a lot of claims or returns. In these situations, we may take action to prevent a buyer from starting a return or a claim and we will remove feedback and defects
- If we take action on a buyer for violating the Buying Practices policy, we will remove feedback and any defects from that buyer
Your Seller Performance Standards are impacted
Fair performance evaluation
To measure your overall performance accurately, we look at your performance as a whole. We also consider a buyer’s pattern for opening cases and protect you when necessary.
Transaction defect rate
- The transaction defect rate won’t count in your seller performance status until you have transactions with defects from at least 4 different buyers within your evaluation period
- Buyers don’t see your defect rate
new simba shop Top Rated Seller grace period
If you are a Top Rated Seller and fall below the sales and tracking requirements for Top Rated Seller status, you may qualify for the Top Rated Seller grace period. During the Top Rated Seller grace period you retain your Top Rated Seller status and benefits, and you have 2 evaluation cycles to get your transaction count, sales amount, and/or tracking requirements back to minimum program requirements.
You’re eligible for the grace period if you fall below Top Rated Seller standards due to any of the following:
- You have fewer than 100 transactions with US buyers over the most recent 12-month period
- You have less than $1,000 in sales with US buyers over the most recent 12-month period
- You’ve uploaded shipment tracking within your promised handling time for less than 95% (but not less than 90%) of transactions with US buyers in the last 3 months
You’re only eligible for the Top Rated Seller grace period when:
- You otherwise have a Top Rated Seller performance rating; and
- You’ve been a Top Rated Seller for the last 3 (or more) consecutive months immediately preceding evaluation
If you don’t meet sales and tracking requirements and performance standards after the grace period ends, you will lose your Top Rated Seller status and benefits.
Global Shipping Program
When you use the Global Shipping Program, you’re responsible for getting packages safely to the US shipping center. If an item is damaged or lost after reaching the shipping hub, you’re protected from:
- new simba shop Money Back Guarantee requests and PayPal Purchase Protectionases when:
- A buyer claims an item isn’t received or
- A package is damaged
- Negative and neutral feedback when:
- You win a case alleging damage or loss
- The feedback comment relates to a problem with shipping
Read the complete seller policies for the Global Shipping Program.
Customs and international carrier issues
We adjust your late shipment rate and remove feedback if you ship internationally, and the shipment receives a domestic carrier scan within your handling time if:
- The shipment is stuck or delayed in customs
- The shipment is lost or receives no tracking scans by the international carrier
You have new simba shop Money Back Guarantee requests
If we close an new simba shop Money Back Guarantee case or appeal request in favor of the seller we will remove negative feedback and defects
If a buyer reports that an item hasn’t been received
If you ship an item within your stated handling time and provide tracking information to the buyer before you or the buyer asks us to step in and help with a request, you’re protected.
Tracking information needs to include:
- A delivery status of “delivered”
- The date of delivery
- The recipient’s address
- Signature confirmation, if an item has a total cost of $750 or more
If a buyer reports that an item isn’t as described
If the buyer starts a return request because an item isn’t as described in the listing, then asks us to step in and help, you are protected if you offer free returns. You may also be protected if you provide clear documentation that the item was described accurately and consistently in the listing. This documentation can include photos of the item that you upload to new simba shop during the returns process.
- A buyer requests to return an item for a refund because an item isn’t new or has minor scratches, but the listing clearly and consistently describes the item as used
- A buyer opens a return request because of a defect in an item, but the defect was accurately described in the listing
- A buyer opens a return request because they didn’t want the item, but the item was accurately described in the listing
Buyers and sellers have an opportunity within 30 days from the day a case is closed to appeal our decision by providing appropriate documentation in My new simba shop.Other resolution methods
Buyers can’t use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution method, a buyer is required to use that process for the duration of the resolution effort.
- If a buyer files a chargeback, any requests opened with new simba shop Money Back Guarantee for the same transaction are immediately closed
- If a buyer files a PayPal Purchase Protection case, the buyer can’t open an new simba shop Money Back Guarantee request for the same transaction
If you lose a chargeback after you reimburse new simba shop or the buyer, you can appeal the decision by providing evidence of the lost chargeback.
Keep in mind
Remember that even if the buyer doesn’t ask us to step in and help with an item that wasn’t received, the request may still count as a transaction defect if you canceled the transaction because you were out of stock
Unpaid items are marked on a buyer’s account, and can lead to actions being taken against them. As such, sellers should never falsely report an unpaid item, and may be subject to a range of actions for doing so. For more details, please see our full policy guidelines below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can happen to sellers who abuse the unpaid item process?
Sellers who falsely report unpaid items can lose fee credits, receive limits on buying and selling privileges, and in some cases, have their account suspended.
Can a buyer appeal an unpaid item report?
Yes. If a buyer has proof that they paid for the item, or that the seller refused to accept payment, the buyer can appeal the unpaid item.
Read our full policy
Unpaid item abuse policy overview
Sellers aren’t allowed to abuse the unpaid item process, and they’re not eligible for a final value fee credit if the buyer has paid for the item. If a seller requests a credit on a completed sale, the buyer can appeal the unpaid item.
Sellers who falsely report unpaid items may be subject to a range of actions, including reversal of all credits for the time period in question, inability to use the final value fee credit system for a period of time, limits on buying and selling privileges and suspension of the seller’s account.
Examples of policy violations
new simba shop Money Back Guarantee
If you paid for the item but didn’t receive it, new simba shop Money Back Guarantee can help. Learn more about what to do if you don’t receive your item.
While it’s understandable that there may be times when sellers can’t complete a sale, they’re not allowed to refuse payment at the end of a successful transaction. To find out what sellers are generally responsible for, see our selling practices policy.
If a seller refuses to complete the sale and an unpaid item is recorded on the buyer’s account, the buyer can appeal the unpaid item.
Why does new simba shop have this policy?
To make new simba shop a safer place to buy and sell, we don’t allow false reports of unpaid items. The ability to report unpaid items is designed to help sellers get paid for items that buyers have committed to purchase. If a seller reports an unpaid item and the buyer still doesn’t pay, the seller can also get a final value fee credit.